Re: infomagic

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 10:40:41PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Most of the bugs I'm seeing are minor fixes.  They NEED to be done.  And I
> think I would probably leave the project in disgust before I allowed a
> release with THREE HUNDRED release critical bugs to be considered ready
> for the public's consumption.  That's just IMO plain wrong.

Each of the release critical bugs is a critical bug (important or above)
in that particular package. The RC bugs metric fails to take in to account
the relative importance of each package, however. Of course that's a difficult
thing to measure and it's different for each person. A bug in a minor package
is not a show-stopper for the entire release.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).