nessus will be packaged [Re: ITP: Nannie and RTP: nessus]

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 10:30:50AM -0700, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> After reviewing Nessus's source, it looks like it contains a small
> library used to encrypt the client-server connection between the
> nessus host and client.  I believe that this might violate the
> US export controls, so I think someone in the free world might
> need to work on this one.

Javier will maintain this package, I think, because he made a couple
of uploads to Incoming before (they were rejected). I have done some
work on it, too, but the upstream source has some errors, and Javier
couldn't compile it... later on I discovered that additional configure
options confuse the nessusd, and so I removed them - and now it works.

Yeah, it should go into the non-US archive (main part) because that
library contains Blowfish, IDEA and such code and that is IIRC restricted.

--
enJoy -*/\*- spelled 'iosip', or simply 'joseph'