Re: Please check my translation

> From: Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu>
> Subject: Re: Please check my translation
> Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 11:05:08 -0400
>
> > > * Do you see the meaning of "landscape 2x1" etc. easily ?
> >
> > That could probably clarified.  I suggest appending "h" for "height" and
> > "w" for width.  Thus, if -l2 gives me a piece of paper in landscape
> > orientation with two pages side-by-side, I'd say
> >
> >     -l2                       : landscape 2w x 1h
>
> I can understand your argument but it is very confusing for me
> to say which is height and width especially in landscape mode.
>
> For example "-l2" option gives us two landscape virtual pages
> (with long width and short(low?) height) from top to bottom on a paper
> with short width and long(high?) height (i.e. portrait oriented paper).
>
> Is this landscape 1w x 2h ???
> (I am afraid you can not understand my explanation ...)

I'm afraid I can't understand your explanation.  But that's in part
because I don't understand the problem...

Does -l2 give (say) two landscape-oriented A5 size images top to bottom
on a portrait-oriented A4 page?  I -think- that is what you are saying.

I'd probably call that 1wx2h, but "two A5 landscape on one A5 portrait"
would probably be clearer.  A colleague suggests "two landscape
previews on portrait paper".  Both those options are a bit long,
however.

--
     Buddha Buck                      bmbuck@zaphid.dhis.edu
"Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our