Re: Berlin & FSSTND/FHS

+--[ Jules Bean ]--[ jules@jellybean.co.uk ]
| Yay!  Andreas understands the FHS.  Amazing how many people don't seem
| to, judging by the FUD on this thread.

thanks. read it more than one times (and maybe it helps, that i move my system
to fsstnd 1.0 myself - breaking and recompiling > 100 apps :-)

| The only thing I'd add is that binaries which are not directly called by
| the user can live in /usr/lib/Berlin.  But all binaries that you expect
| the user to run should be in /usr/bin.

isn't /usr/libexec for hidden executables ? oops. no. no longer...
the /usr/lib should be fine. yes it's fine:

4.5  /usr/lib : Libraries for programming and packages

/usr/lib includes object files, libraries, and internal binaries that
are not intended to be executed directly by users or shell scripts.

andreas