Re: Postfix as default MTA?

In article <[🔎] 19990628224759.B5479@molehole> you wrote:

> Of course, I won't object if the Debian default is all things to all
> people. But I don't think it needs to be such.

I think we're in the happy situation of not having to make a choice between
functionality and configuration.

Postfix rocks.  The Debian package defaults are fine in most cases (not just
"simple" machines).  And I echo the performance comments.  I, too, have been
able to cancel pending hardware upgrades after moving moderate to heavy mail
load machines to postfix.  The queue design is marvelous.  Even just the simple
notion that previously undeliverable mail shouldn't be allowed to choke out
new mail that hasn't been tried yet makes a *huge* difference in delivery
performance on large relays.

The sooner Postfix is the Debian default mailer, the better.

Bdale