Re: XEmacs 21

davidw@master.debian.org (David Welton) writes:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:34:43AM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:

[ regarding new XEmacs21 Debian package ]

> > Hmmm, XEmacs is unfortunately stripped of all essentials (at least
> > for me) like AUCTeX/RefTEX, Gnus, dired, psgml and so on.  This
> > makes it rather unusable for my terms (although anybody else's
> > mileage will definitely vary in this very regard).  Is there any
> > plan to debianize all those unbundled packages for adding it to this
> > hopelessly bare XEmacs version?  If not, how is this going to be
> > resolved considering our wonderful package management?
>
> These are all Debian packages!  Except for dired, I think.  Getting
> the working with a particular emacs version might be difficult, but
> they are there.

Yes, i do know of all the present Emacs LISP packages, but are these
really *supposed* to work for XEmacs21 as well?  I've downloaded the
auctex package from potato but it didn't install because no emacs19/20
was present and neither XEmacs20 nor XEmacs21 were good enough
obviously.

So is XEmacs21 expected to work with the already present single LISP
packages (would probably be best) or does it depend on the XEmacs
LISP-packages as distributed via ftp.xemacs.org?  Do the latter need
to be debianized for our XEmacs21 package or are the already present
versions sufficient enough?  You see, i'm a bit confused... :-/

                                Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------