Re: XEmacs 21

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:34:43AM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:
> dres@ioa.com (James LewisMoss) writes:
>
> > I'm uploading XEmacs 21.1.2 packages to master as I write this.
> > Anyone interested please take a look and let me know what elisp
> > packages you use frequently and you see missing.

> Hmmm, XEmacs is unfortunately stripped of all essentials (at least
> for me) like AUCTeX/RefTEX, Gnus, dired, psgml and so on.  This
> makes it rather unusable for my terms (although anybody else's
> mileage will definitely vary in this very regard).  Is there any
> plan to debianize all those unbundled packages for adding it to this
> hopelessly bare XEmacs version?  If not, how is this going to be
> resolved considering our wonderful package management?

These are all Debian packages!  Except for dired, I think.  Getting
the working with a particular emacs version might be difficult, but
they are there.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            <   Sors immanis - et inanis - rota tu volubilis,
davidw@prosa.it            >  status malus - vana salus - semper dissolubilis,