Re: inittab hacking

shaleh@clifford.livenet.net wrote:

> only thing I can come up with is this would allow changing of gettys easily.
> However I do not see this as a real issue.  How many people need to change
> their getty?

Probably not many, but it would be nice if gettys were handled by
alternatives so that when I install mingetty and remove the default
one I don't have to muck around with inittab myself. The only problem
I see here is that the arguments are not congruent between different
kinds of getty programs; I guess we just have to write some wrapper
shell scripts.

Does this sound feasible to eveybody? I'll be off reading the policy
manual in the event that anyone has comments on it. :-)

--
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to
add, but rather when there is nothing left to take away."