Re: Esound and x11amp

> Not all daemons are started that way.  fetchmail has a daemon mode.
> It isn't started that way.  Don't let you impression of a name decide
> what a program should do.

I think it would be nice if you could have the option of running
fetchmail that way; I had to create my own start-stop-daemon wrapper
script (well, tweak an existing script really) because I prefer to run
fetchmail this way. But many people of course don't, and I'm not
really sure what the best way to offer the option to people who
install the package is.

> No, they really shouldn't. It would be nice if they did, but there
> is no good reason to require esd to use sound.

True, but if over the course of time more programs are ESDified, I can
see this being a good thing to do sometime in the future.

--
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to
add, but rather when there is nothing left to take away."