Re: non-English copyright

From: John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org>
Subject: Re: non-English copyright
Date: 04 Jun 1999 09:07:53 -0500

> I think that a translation of a license is probably binding if it is done
> by the author of the subject work.

If the translation is given from the begining perhaps you are right
but we think the case where the author translate the Japanese copyright
by the request of Debian :-)

The author probably admit only the Japanese version as the original
copyright.

By the way, I can not see the meaning of "binding" well in the above
sentence. Does it mean a license is binding (or attached or included)
to the program or so ?