Re: WNPP: distributed-net up for adoption

On Thursday 3 June 1999, at 13 h 30, the keyboard of Adam Klein
<aklein@debian.org> wrote:

> The subject says it all.  distributed-net is basically orphaned; I have
> little interest in it at this point, and I haven't had any luck figuring

I am very interested in a program to burn my unused CPU cycles and I have many Debian machines whose CPU does nothing (network servers, mostly) but I want only free programs. I can stand non-free programs if they do something useful for me (I use Networker Legato for backups, for instance), but not when I donate. Since distributed-net and Seti@home are horribly non-free (see the thread on Seti@home three weeks ago, its authors seem completely closed), is there any solution?