Re: calling Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> [the long version]

"Dale" == Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

Dale> because a bug in sendmail causes it to fail the test used by
Dale> ORBS. My ISP has apparently tried to deal with the problem, with
Dale> no success. Anyone who wants to supply some help to them will be
Dale> a real hero. (support@talstar.com)

They're running some strange 8.8.8 hack that bounces the mail some
time AFTER accepting it, so any casual check makes it look wide open.
I'd recommend using the m4 code included with Debian's 8.8.8, which
gives a protocol error here instead of "message accepted for
delivery".

Or better yet just upgrading to sendmail 8.9.x (possibly a pain, but
worth it).

		netgod