Re: calling Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> [the long version]

> --K8nIJk4ghYZn606h
>
> On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 03:16:41AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > > Well, I send stuff that isn't spam from a dialup IP.
> >
> > I send ALL my mail from a dial-up IP.  I've never been blocked.
> >
> > Of course, I use my ISP's mail relay host, so even if my dial up IP
> > was in the DUL list (which it's not as it happens) I would not be
> > affected in the slightest.
> >
> > So where's the problem ?
>
> Windows NT and Exchange mail server.  Unfortunately, the number of ISPs
> using this piece of crap is on the rise.  Even UNIX based ISPs are
> setting up a little NT box for mail these days because someone decided to
> make a proprietary mail client/server "standard".
>
> Of course, that they mangle mail from those SMTP-speaking softwares that
> follow that silly and outdated RFC thing which interferes with their
> profits.

I'm sorry, but IMNSHO any ISP that thinks that forcing their clients to use an
NT relay is a smart idea, deserves to be out of business.

Their admins are clearly clueless if they prefer to use NT (I don't mind
people installing NT to shut up their clueless clients, but moving to NT
wholesale is a pretty good diagnostic for clulessness).

ISPs with clueless admins waste all our time (what are the chances of them
ever being able to diagnose any network problems they are causing ?).

My advice to you is to find an ISP who has a clue (oh, and tell them why
you're changing ISPs) --- eventually people taking this approach will kill the
clueless ISPs off, or the ISPs in question will develop a clue.

Either way, the problem is solved.

How come you've not moved already ?  I see it as your duty to deprive them of
your custom.

Cheers, Phil.