Re: calling Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> I recently sent an e-mail to Philip, which has been undelivered,
> apparently because my mail server is not secure. Here is the reply I get:

Hi Dwarf,

I got fed up with the amount of SPAM I was getting, so added ORBS and
DUL to the RBL setup I've got.

If you're in ORBS then the last step between you and I has been
determined to be an open relay --- is there anything you can do to fix
this ?  BTW what's the IP address of the server that's being blocked ?

Hm, it seems that the fact that I'm making it a temporary error is
just making it take longer for the original sender to be informed, so
I'll probably switch to returning a 553 error, which will bounce mail
immediately.

You can still mail me via my debian.org address.  I'd appreciate it if
you mail to philh-fnord at debian.org, so I can kill that address when
the spammers get hold of it.

If it's package related, <package>@packages.debian.org works, of
course.