Re: ip-{up,down} scripts

On Sun, May 30, 1999 at 10:19:01AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Martin Bialasinski writes:
> > As I said, with the ipparam option, there is no problem distinguishing
> > the connections.
>
> I've been thinking of suggesting that pon use ipparam to pass the provider
> name to pppd.  Pppconfig 2.0 will need that for the new dns stuff.

And then maybe a dir for each provider in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d ? I think that would solve everyone's problems. Just use the ipparam parameter which is handed to ip-up which then does a run-parts /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/$PROVIDER

Sarel Botha          |     Computer &           | +27 341 81341
(sjb@dundee.lia.net) |        Accounting        | BOX 2065, Dundee
 "The End is near." -- http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/7771/666.htm