Re: PROPOSAL: automatic installation and configuration

From: "Steve Przepiora" <gearhead@twcny.rr.com>
> an XML config file:
>
> <INSTALL_CONFIG>
>     <PACKAGE name="foo">
>         <CONF_HOME>/etc</CONF_HOME>
>         <BAR>blah</BAR>
>     </PACKAGE>
> </INSTALL_CONFIG>
>
>     If we write a parser(there are already many written) we could have the
> author write the DTD/XML doc for each package and the install script could
> extract the info from it, also a simple editor could be written(or you can
> use vi :) ) so it can be edited before installation, making it easy to

Before someone jumps about this - there are XML-parsing editors and
GUI's which can help people edit such files without knowing almost
anything about XML or even that they are editing XML files.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                  | "Of course Australia was marked for
amos@gezernet.co.il             |  by the finest judges in England."