Request for autofs

Hi all,

autofs is a very useful package but I have some request for
autofs. I am a Japanese member of Debian JP and should set up
Japanese environment for Debian (potato now) system.

I am not so sure but in hamm autofs used /misc as mount point
then changed to use /amnt in slink and now autofs 3.1.3-1 in
potato seems to use /mnt/amnt.

But I would like to remark;
for example, to treat Japanese well there are some packages like
VFlib - I do not know precisely but some mechanism to treat
Japanese characters.

And it can use Japanese fonts in DOS/Windows partition and there
is a file for setting the fonts used so we must change the setting
for the directories of Japanese fonts in DOS/Windows if autofs
changes the mount point.

There may be other cases similar to the above even in non-Japanese
environment.

So I wish the basic settings of autofs like mount poit should be
stable unless there exist strong reason to change.

In addition, I found some problems or inconsistency of autofs 3.1.3-1

- It installs /etc/auto.master with the setting "/misc  /etc/auto.misc"
  but it installs /etc/auto.amnt not /etc/auto.misc

- I am not sure but it creats /mnt/amnt so /misc seems to be wrong

- I remember that it installs /etc/auto.master without asking and without
  creating /etc/auto.master.dpkg-dist although /etc/auto.master is conffiles.

IMHO, /amnt is a good enough for mount point.

I hope you all can understand my poor English :)

Thanks in advance,		1999.5.28

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>