Re: Editor for the rescue floppy (was: An 'ae' testimony (suggestion))

Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> Previously Ilya L Ovchinnikov wrote:
> > What do you think about the elvis-tiny statically linked
> > against old libtermcap?
>
> I'ld prefer vim-tiny, but both are still too bug. Also, a non-vi
> editor is nice for people who don't know vi, and ae can do that.
>
> Wichert (not believing he actually seems to be defending ae)

Please don't use ae. It looks like various other editors, but doesn't
react like they do. Neigther vi nor emacs mode is working and the vi
mode is dangerously broken.

What about joe or zile or mcedit or if you realy need a small editor,
take zsh and its editor script..

I also would love to have mc on the rescue disk and with that mcedit
would be the editor of choise.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin