Re: evan leibovitch and the LPI certification tests

Hi,
>>"Tyger" == Tyger Sunshine-Hill <visicalc@hotmail.com> writes:

 Tyger> Well, maybe, but the fact is that Debian could use some
 Tyger> sponsorships or major donations,

        We could? What shall we use them for? (Not that we shall turn
 away any donations, mind you, but we may *need* less than one
 thinks).

 Tyger> and as long as RH keeps the spotlight, guess who they go to?

        From the tone of your question, I'd say the expected answer is
 RH. More power to them. They are _not_ the enemy.

 Tyger> Eventually, we have to get Debian out of its shell and get
 Tyger> "the average linux user" (If there is such a thing) to use
 Tyger> Debian more.

        Why on earth do we have to do that?

 Tyger> If we don't, what is the point of pouring so much work into
 Tyger> making such a useful and _flexible_ distribution?

        I can't speak for others, but *I* do it cause it pleases my
 muse. Getting Debian out to the great unwashed masses rouses little
 but mild curiosity in me, and certainly not eough to warrant the
 amount of effort I put into my packages.

        Market share and World domination are not goals I strive to
 achieve. And fragmenting the free software community to achieve them
 is definitly not the way I want to go.

        I *like* Red Hat.

        manoj
--
 UFOs are for real: the Air Force doesn't exist.