Re: stupid idea - metapackages

>> "JL" == John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu> writes:

JL> I really like the how-to-install-gnome page.

Thanks.

JL> Other packages that could use similar pages are X, emacs, and
JL> communicator.

There are such packages for communicator and navigator. See
http://master.debian.org/~doogie/netscape/APT and they are a good
thing. Most of the people (including me the first time) install the
packages, but not the packages with the binary. And as there is no
dependency, they are left wondering what they did wrong or if the
packages are foobar. Hopefully, this is over now. But the meta
packages have to be advertised differently. They look like another of
the dozends netscape/navigator/communicator packages so one can easily
miss them.

Maybe all metapackages should get a section for their own.

Ciao,
	Martin