Re: stupid idea - metapackages

>> "ADC" == Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

ADC> I suggest we all follow naming conventions, i.e., 'metapkg-*', so
ADC> that it's easy to pick these babies out.

I will do the packages for the GNOME update tomorrow, as I want to
have it ready at monday at the latest.

I was thinking about gnome-meta-* (-desktop, -apps, -net, -games and
-wm), but I agree that a consistent style is better.

How about just meta-* ? This is shorter (I hate it when dpkg -l
truncates the name) and isn't taken by any package yet.

ADC> I also suggest the use of equivs... it seems just the ticket.
ADC> I've still got to dig into equivs more deeply, specifically, to
ADC> see how it interacts with my CVS-based workflow.

I will use equivs to get the skeleton, then change the needed things
(I think I add an option to specify a README.Debian file on the
command line or in the control file). equivs builds the package, but
it leaves the tree. This is the one thing I will change and then
rebuild. You can import that tree into CVS and use it like any other
package.

Or you can put the equivs control file under cvs control (and the
README.Debian after I added this function).

Tell me about other options/feature you need, and I will implement
them as far as it is possible.

Ciao,
	Martin