Re: evan leibovitch and the LPI certification tests

> RedCrap already has everyone where they want them; in their back
> pocket, filling their wallet more and more everyday. Alongside VA
> Research.

So, if this really bothers you, do something about it.  Make a company
and start marketing the hell out of Debian.  That's most of what
Redhat is - marketing.  That's not a bad thing, necessarily -
marketing is what it takes to get your name out in the world.  It
might be nice if it weren't so important, but it is.  Deal with it.

As far as Big Companies go, redhat isn't so bad.  Be very thankful
they didn't go the caldera route, where it seems as if they really
don't want to GPL anything they don't have to.  Instead, they spend a
lot of money funding guys like Alan Cox.  And making money for
themselves - but that's not a bad thing - that's the goal of most
companies.

So, if you truly believe in some sort of ideology where making money
is bad, that's one thing - don't single out redhat for criticism.  If
you are bitter about their success, do something about it instead of
just whining.

Sorry for the long post, and I don't really mean to pick on Phillip,
but these rantings are getting kind of lame.  They sound, in some
sense, a bit juvenile, and not worthy of our time.

Personally, I'm happy to know that I'm involved in making a kick ass
OS, and as long as no one messes with my ability to do that, I'm fine.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            <   Sors immanis - et inanis - rota tu volubilis,
davidw@prosa.it            >  status malus - vana salus - semper dissolubilis,