Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

On May 12, Matt Porter wrote:
> The non-mac CHRP boards (LongTrails etc.) also use OF I believe.  Are
> their OF's so broken that they don't work properly as well?  Perhaps APUS
> and PReP (and I'm talking PPCBUG firmware not OF systems) are the only
> ones we need to worry about.  Interestingly enough, Motorola dropped OF
> because it was so damn buggy.

IMHO there's no point in making the APUS installer boot from
CD... people will need to select video cards, etc.  Besides which,
most Amigas can't boot from CD anyway...

Guess that narrows it to PReP ;-)

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence          |           Visit my home page!           |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>     |     http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/     |
|     Amiga A4000 604e/233Mhz     |      Visit the Amiga Web Directory      |
|      with Linux/APUS 2.2.3      |     http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html     |