Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Matt Porter wrote:

> The non-mac CHRP boards (LongTrails etc.) also use OF I believe.  Are
> their OF's so broken that they don't work properly as well?  Perhaps APUS
> and PReP (and I'm talking PPCBUG firmware not OF systems) are the only
> ones we need to worry about.  Interestingly enough, Motorola dropped OF
> because it was so damn buggy.

that reminds me, now that i have my home email working again. (yeah, i'm
baaaaaaaaaack. head for the hills while you can.;)

does anybody actually have a list of non-MCG/non-IBM/non-Apple PowerPC
CHRP/PReP boards? I'm trying to hunt those little buggers down. Me, being
the crazy little bastard I am, plan to get those suckers booting somehow.
(Don't ask how; I really dunno yet. Probably hack up lilo or something.:)

Also, for those of you who aren't subscribed to debian-powerpc, and have
RS/6000's - I am working on bootable kernel images, both UP and SMP, for
every RS/6000 that I currently have *REASONABLY* stable. The problem is
that I *have* to use 2.2.x kernels, due to the fact that, well, 2.0.x
kernels are just quite unsuitable for use on RS/6000's. Too many various
issues that I've run into. I'm having some.. ISSUES *grumble*.. with kpkg
still, but I'll be sure and let everyone know when they're done. I bugged
up gcc again, so it'll be a few days probably.

-Phillip R. Jaenke, Head Unix Guru, Unicent Telecom
 216-344-2603 / 9a->~5p Eastern - Pester me!