Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

At 15:14 +0200 1999-05-12, Sven LUTHER wrote:
I think the issue is the different way that different ppc systems uses to boot
from the CD. I am not entirely sure how amigaos does this, but i bet it is
different from macos ...

Sure, we could choose not to be cd-bootable, best would be to d othis the same
way it is done for linux/m68k cds ..

For power macs, we don't need to worry about bootable CDs, most of them have Open Firmware that is too broken to even be capable of booting from either a cdrom drive or a iso9660 filesystem. The few macs that have reasonable OF should be able to boot from an arbitrary executable residing anywhere on the filesystem.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>