Re: Freeze stuff, summary.. (perl 5.005, etc)

  Adam>  It wouldn't hurt but I don't think it's necessary. glibc2.1 can
  Adam> drop-in replace 2.0 (unless you have a program that depends on
  Adam> certain internal stuff which it shouldn't be using anyway).

Octave doesn't depend on internal stuff, but still fails when a glibc2.0
compiled version is used under glibc2.1. The bug can be reproduced by the
program below which, like Octave, segfault under 2.1 when compiled under 2.0.
It is due to some C++ streams <-> libc io issue.  The bugs have been
reassigned to libc6, but I haven't heard anything yet.

#include <iostream.h>
#include <strstream.h>

int
main (void)
{
  ostrstream buf;
  for (int i = 32; i < 127; i++)
    buf << (char) i;
  buf << endl;
  buf << ends;
  cout << buf.str ();
  return 0;
}

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.