Re: Debian coding style?

Zygo Blaxell wrote:
  >>10. Function/method size: bigger is not better. Functions and methods shoul
  >>be kept to a maximum of 40-50 lines. Larger methods should be broken down
  >>into several smaller methods.
  >It would appear that this rule combined with the 78-column line length is
  >designed to make all functions fit on a single page of printed paper. This
  >is a completely arbitrary decision (why 78? Why not 130? Why 50 lines,

I have noticed that many laser printers, that have been left at their
default settings, print 78 characters and throw away the rest of the line.

     "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast,
      unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord,
      forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain
      in the Lord."      I Corinthians 15:58