Re: Corel Setup Design Proposal

Brandon Mitchell wrote:
  >On Fri, 7 May 1999, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
  >
  >> > I think this is a very difficult point, how do you plan to solve this, c
      >hoose
  >> > the right Xserver and XF86Config file for the users system ? Or do you p
      >lan
  >> > to use the fbdev server ? i think not yet all graphic cards have video
  >> > servers ...
  >>
  >> pretty easy: every recent graphic card is pci or agp, so it's detected as
  >> pci device and listed in the /proc file...
  >
  >>From what I understand, this would only give you the video card.  The
  >other half (and the more painful part in my opinion) is the monitor.  Is
  >there some way to auto-detect a monitor, or is this a lowest common
  >denominator problem (i.e. small resolution and refresh)?

Would it be in any way feasible to ask the user to put in his manufacturer's
floppy and get the necessary data out of that?  The format must be known,
because every manufacturer must supply data for the Windows registry.

     "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which
      no man shall see the Lord."       Hebrews 12:14