Re: Corel Setup Design Proposal

On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 12:59:49PM -0400, Dave Neil wrote:
> Here's some more details.
> A.The X install would use the VGA16 server.

Please be aware that this limits you to i386.  That's probably your (only?)
target market anyway, but I thought I should point this out.

For the next release of Debian XFree86 I'm going to building and shipping
XF86_VGA16 for the Alpha to see if it can deal with VGA-compatible cards on
the Alpha, but the VGA16 server knows nothing about DEC's TGA cards, which
are in many Alpha machines.  XF86Setup and xf86config don't know anything
about TGA either.

The VGA16 server is totally useless to the m68k, SPARC, and PowerPC
architectures, as far as I know.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   It was a typical net.exercise -- a
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   screaming mob pounding on a greasy spot