Re: Corel Setup Design Proposal

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Dave Neil wrote:

> Here's some more details.
> A.The X install would use the VGA16 server.
> B.You could also do the install with curses via console, and no X.
... I think thats a sane decision.  I really dislike flickering lowest
"smallest common denominator" VGA waste and really prefer console
installation in any case.  For those who think that any user interface
is easy to use if they need only the mouse move around, we should
think about making gpm work and find a text based system with mouse
support.

> C.Yes there would have to be architecture specific modifications to the process,
> but hopefully by keeping it flexible in its design, it would be doable.

In general I really like your intentions to improve the installation
process.  Thanks.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

[X] Against war.