Re: not using debian as firewall!

Hamish Moffatt writes:
>On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 05:33:01PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
>> (not that you'd want EISA).  Also I have read reports of RS/6000 systems with
>> 10 PCI slots, wouldn't this require 3 PCI busses at least?
>> Recently Network World Fusion http://www.nwfusion.com/ announced the
>> release of
>> aq Linux based router system which could handle full routing between 30
>> saturated gigabit-Ethernet interfaces (it could handle more interfaces but not
>> at gigabit speed).  This device was planned to sell for $US300K.
>
>My PC seems to consider the AGP slot to be a second PCI bus.
>(I have 5 PCI slots which seem to be on bus 0, plus the AGP on bus 1.)
>
>Didn't Digital used to have high end Alpha servers with 10 or more slots
>also?

You don't have to go that far to the high end, either - the Sun E450 has
10 slots across 6 (yes, six) PCI buses. It's a nice box to play with...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
Use Debian GNU/Linux - upgrade your Windoze box today!  http://www.debian.org/