Re: Uploaded fvwm 2.2-4 (source i386) to master

On Tue, 04 May, 1999, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Format: 1.5
> Date: Mon,  3 May 1999 23:50:04 +0100
> Source: fvwm
> Binary: fvwm-common fvwm
> Architecture: source i386
> Version: 2.2-4
>  fvwm       - F(?) Virtual Window Manager, version 2.xx.
>  fvwm-common - Files shared between the fvwm, fvwm1 and fvwm95 packages
> Changes:
>  fvwm (2.2-4) unstable; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Always have an xterm option on the Debian menu, even if the menu
>      package is not installed (so won't be stuck with nothing)

Personally, I dislike this change. Other Window Managers do not have an xterm
on the main menu, when menu is installed. Could it be set so you have the
standard debian menu + exit, when menu is present, and xterm, restart, and
exit when menu is not installed.

>    * system.fvwm2rc changes:
>      - Returned to Exit fvwm menu instead of form (closes: #36232)

Again, I preferred it the other way, I do not think other Window Managers
display a exit menu of this style.

>      - Reverted back to Lars' colour scheme (white/steelblue) to please
>        Branden ;-) (closes: #36231)

I liked the orange, it was funky.

>      - Removed the excess window buttons as well (closes: #36234)

They were cool as well, without them it looks to much like Windows 95, maybe
that is the `best' button layout, but I am unconvinced.

>    * Now only Suggests: menu rather than Recommends: (closes: #36335)

Why? I would recommend you have menu installed, it is only small, and fvwm is
a lot my useful with it installed.

Fortunately, I managed to save my system.fvwm2rc before it was replaced, I
wonder whether the previous version (or just the colours and buttons) could
appear in /usr/doc/fvwm/examples/

--
I consume, therefore I am