perl and CPAN updates

I have some problems with CPAN modules.

For example I need a newest ASP module from CPAN which requires
newest CGI module. Well, I can uupdate ASP module (great mechanism :))
but CGI is in perl_*.deb package.

Yeah, sure, I could make it to /usr/local, but I think it would be
simpler if some perl libraries went to standalone packages.

And what about some auto-mechanism for new CPAN modules? Something
like cpan-debianiser to making Debian packages from CPAN's tar.gz?
I saw RedHat had some kind of autogenerator.

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl