Re: XML as a standard UNIX config file format (Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn)

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 09:51:51PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> I've been watching this discussion over XML configuration files from
> the beginning, and I've got to say that I can see the reasoning of
> both sides.  My suggestion is that someone in favor of XML for
> configuration get started on writing some actual code.  Once there is
> some code, it may be possible to make more supportable arguments for
> either side.
>
> ``Show me the code!''

I don't know much about XML and what to think about it being the config
file format standard. But I do know that there is a nice X file manager
called 'gentoo' (GPL) that has *all* its configuration data stored in
an XML formatted file. Also, *all* of the configuration is done through
the X/GTK+ interface.