Re: XML as a standard UNIX config file format (Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn)

martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de (Martin Bialasinski) writes:

   >> "BP" == Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

   BP> ``Show me the code!''

   Fair enough.

   Just to show how a generic config tool can look like: Here is
   screenshot of a crontab file written as xml in a xml editor (made by
   someone else - no working code, just an example).

Hmm.  That screenshot forms an argument one way or another, but I'm
not sure which.  I find the screen layout confusing--i.e., in the left
pane of the window, what do the little unlabeled document icons
represent?  I think I do understand the rest of it.  Perhaps this
simply means that the user interface is less optimized than it might
be.
--
"Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these."
--Ovid (43 BC-18 AD)