Re: Unconditional prompting from dotfile packages

>> "JR" == Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

JR> On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 07:18:48PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:

>> or at least queue the job for execution when dpkg has exited
>> (similar to what menu does).

JR> If it's not really easy to implement, it'll have to become yet
JR> another item on the TODO.Debian list.

Alternatively:

Give out a message like

You can byte-compile foo to make it start and run faster. To do this,
use the command "dotfile-bytecompile foo".

and simply continue with the installation. Do _not_ wait for a
keypress.

Then also place this message in /usr/doc/foo/README.Debian

The dotfiles are useable without bytecompiling. They are faster when
you do so, but it is not crucical.

ALternativly, dotfile could give out a message when started with a
not-bytecompiled message (but make a checkbox "don't ask me again; see
README.Debian").

Ciao,
	Martin