Re: Maintaining /etc/mail/xxx databases for sendmail

Previously Richard A Nelson wrote:
> Yeah, I could... but Allman & my contention is that sendmail.cf isn't
> part of the UI (there being relatively no need to change it vs .mc
> these days) ;-}

If you indeed offer to change sendmail.mc you probably shouldn't touch
sendmail.cf. But you can't deny it is much easier to detect tables
in there..

> I'm curious about your /usr/share/sendmail.cf updates - these aren't
> marked as conffiles...  Should they be?

No, they shouldn't. What forced me to do that is that I can't change
the local deliver agent without doing that, since for some reason I
can't seem to find m4 always includes /usr/share/sendmail/cf/mailer/local.m4 .
All I wanted was to have my own ruleset for the local delivery agent..

> Can I ask what kind of tweeks you've got therein?

The solution for bug# 36067.

> I'd like to do a Makefile, infact that is what I use...  However, I
> don't know how to deal with variable named files within make ;-{

Generate the makefile using your script?

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl