Re: Clueless users are bad for debian (was Let's CENSOR it!)

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Most of the bugs that have been reported to me are in the tree view, which
> is just a coding disaster I need to fix.... look at drawtree.cc and
> pkgtree.cc in the gnome-apt source and you will see the problem...

Maybe you should consider contributing code to the GTK TreeList (or
whatever they called it) until it's powerful enough to do what you need,
instead of reinventing the wheel?

> You'll notice that none of the Gnome *applications* are 1.0, in fact
> gnome-apt is 0.3, so they are all firmly in the "don't whine" category
> anyway.

Which, IMO, meant that the GNOME team shouldn't have released 'GNOME 1.0'.
*sigh*.  I fear that it will give the project a bad name.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |