Re: Let's CENSOR it! (was: Uploaded anarchism 7.5-1 (source all) to master)

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 09:43:41AM +0000, Enrique Zanardi wrote:

> One step in that direction would be to create some rules for "extra"
> sections. Let's take electronic texts as an example for such an "extra"
> section:
>
> - We create an "etexts" section.
> - text-only (or mostly-text) packages, not related to any program on the
>   distribution (that means I'm not talking about glibc-doc here...)
>   should go there.
> - "program" packages related to those text-only packages should go into
>   "etexts" too (that means as bible-kjv-text go there, bible-kjv go there
>   too).
> - No package from outside the "etexts" section should depend|recommend a
>   package on the "etexts" section (sort of the way a "main" package
>   shouldn't depend|recommend on a "contrib" package).
>
> PS: (This idea, or a very similar one, was proposed by Fabrizio Polacco a
> long time ago).

Exactly I proposed what has been already suggested today by someone
else, to create a new "part" (not a section inside main) at the same
level as main/contrib/non-free/non-US and create a separate CD image
from it (maybe with contrib in it if there are room) which can be
optionally added to the official CD set.
I can even imagine to have a separate site for it, if it grows too much.

fab