Re: Uploaded anarchism 7.5-1 (source all) to master

On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 10:20:52PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 07:04:59PM +0100, dirson@debian.org wrote:
> > Kronos Eckz writes:
> >  >  anarchism  - An exhaustive exploration of Anarchist theory and practice.
> > [...]
> >  >  405341c887fe06a3ad50110a084aaad4 791 doc optional anarchism_7.5-1.dsc
> >
> > This should really be priority "extra", isn't it ?
>
> This should really not be in a software distribution should it? Not to
> take a stand against political or religous beliefs, but this package
> has no binaries, no system related documentation, nothing to do with
> linux, hurd, debian, programming or even remotely have anything
> considered useful from an operating system standpoint.
>
> This package is nothing more than a mirror of a web site with political
> propoganda. Unless we plan on having libertarian.deb, communism.deb,
> capitalism.deb etc...I think this package needs to be removed period.
>
> If not done so willingly, I will file a grave bug, as it reflects on
> the distribution as a whole, and gives the impression that we, as a
> group/project, support this political standpoint (some may, some don't,
> the point is we don't need political tension in the dist).

I agree totally, this has no place in the distribution. If we allow this,
why doesn't someone go and package the Unibomber Manifesto? or what about
democrat.deb and republican.deb?  We cannot allow a trend like this to start.

It would be wasteful and it would also look bad on Debian.

--
Stephen Crowley
Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org