Re: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)

On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 10:13:16PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:

> This has been discussed and shot down.  If we start telling other people
> why things aren't free software we open ourselves to lausuits and other
> nastiness.

That's silly. We always say why we consider a package to be non-free. That
was not the reason. The reason why most objected was that IanJ expected
everyone to carry out an email discussion with the copyright holder and
include this in the package.

Thanks,
Marcus