Re: KDE

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 06:20:48PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> I fail to follow your logic.  Our CDs do not contain non-free
> software.  Why should we go out of our way to show it to them on the
> FTP site?  I would suspect that more newbies do a CD instead of an FTP
> install anyway.

What's hard to understand? You install apt, do an update, and you can
install the latest versions of whatever packages you need without
hunting around for them. This is nice because it specifically fills in
area that are lacking on the the cd (not necessarily for reasons of
dfsgness, either--take gpg, for example.) This is also something we do
that no other distribution can touch. (At least, I assume that redhat
doesn't have plans to make cd's effectively optional.)

Mike Stone