Re: KDE

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 10:23:36AM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> for example..you install Debian for the first time (slink) and what does
> /etc/apt/sources.list have in it???
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
>
> why is this?  It shouldn't be...it should be just main and possibly contrib
>
> non-free shouldn't even be mentioned except for maybe a new section on
> www.debian.org under packages/distribution which talks about how to get
> other non-free/non-debian-supported packages.

I disagree. IMHO, it's important to make debian as easy to get started
with as possible. That means making it easy for users to get the
software they expect to see. Once they've started using debian, they can
learn more about it--but that only works if they don't dump it
immediately because it doesn't meet their needs.

Mike Stone