Re: Best of the logo *ideas* so far

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 06:10:39PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Please don't let us talk about feeding behaviour of the animals.  The
> feed to survive in contrast to men.  Nobody in the Linux world cares
> about the fact that penguins fed from fish.

i wasn't making any kind of value judgement about orca eating habits.

my comments weren't meant to imply that an orca would be a bad image for
debian. in fact, i think it's a much better image than a cute, fluffy
toy...and it's certainly the best suggestion yet.

OTOH, i object to hiding factual information just because some squeamish
people prefer a fantasy conception of nature to a realistic one. animals
(including humans) eat other animals to survive. this is neither good
nor bad, it just is.

life is about energy theft. some organisms "steal" life from their
environment (e.g. the sun), some steal it from plants, and some steal it
from animals. this is because energy can't be created (or destroyed), it
can only be transferred or transformed.

craig

--
craig sanders