Re: Best of the logo *ideas* so far

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Craig Sanders wrote:

> i wasn't making any kind of value judgement about orca eating habits.
Sorry, I needed a mail to quote and yours where short and precise under
a lot of others I had to browse after a longer weekend.  I don't wanted
to embarras you.
> OTOH, i object to hiding factual information just because some squeamish
> people prefer a fantasy conception of nature to a realistic one. animals
> (including humans) eat other animals to survive. this is neither good
> nor bad, it just is.
Except the statement above humans I can go with you.  It is not the
whole truth for humans because they sometimes eat for fun, but thats
off topic here.
> life is about energy theft. some organisms "steal" life from their
> environment (e.g. the sun), some steal it from plants, and some steal it
> from animals. this is because energy can't be created (or destroyed), it
> can only be transferred or transformed.
As I said, sometimes humans eat and want to reject the energy they
got from the food.  This was never observed at any other kind of

By the way it seems me that I have found another physicist under the
Debian developers :)

Kind regards