Re: Best of the logo *ideas* so far

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Craig Sanders wrote:

> i wasn't making any kind of value judgement about orca eating habits.
Sorry, I needed a mail to quote and yours where short and precise under
a lot of others I had to browse after a longer weekend.  I don't wanted
to embarras you.

> OTOH, i object to hiding factual information just because some squeamish
> people prefer a fantasy conception of nature to a realistic one. animals
> (including humans) eat other animals to survive. this is neither good
> nor bad, it just is.
Except the statement above humans I can go with you.  It is not the
whole truth for humans because they sometimes eat for fun, but thats
off topic here.

> life is about energy theft. some organisms "steal" life from their
> environment (e.g. the sun), some steal it from plants, and some steal it
> from animals. this is because energy can't be created (or destroyed), it
> can only be transferred or transformed.
As I said, sometimes humans eat and want to reject the energy they
got from the food.  This was never observed at any other kind of
species.

By the way it seems me that I have found another physicist under the
Debian developers :)

Kind regards

      Andreas.