Re: Best of the logo *ideas* so far

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Craig Sanders wrote:

> orcas (aka "killer whales") hunt and eat baby seals and they hunt in
> packs, too. like dolphins, they eat solid food rather than plankton.
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu> gave a detailed scientific
description.  In short I want to add that I've heared that orcas
got their name "killer whales" as short hand for "killer of the
whales".  They got this name from whale hunters which observed that
sometimes groups of orcas attacked big baleen wales.  Its obscure
enough that orcas got this name from the *real* "killer of the whales"
The name killer wales is depreciated by biologists as I know, because it
implies a bad image.  We shouldn't have a bad image of any animal in
my opinion.  Another valid name is sword whale, which comes
from the sword-like dorsal fin.

> a penguin is a light snack for an orca.
The meat of penguins as well as of orcas is a delicious snak for some
men :-((.
Please don't let us talk about feeding behaviour of the animals.  The
feed to survive in contrast to men.  Nobody in the Linux world cares
about the fact that penguins fed from fish.

Anyway I'm impressed from the resonance my suggestion got.

Kind regards

      Andreas.