Re: Apt get dselect-upgrade

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:02:42 +0000 (GMT), Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> said:

> As long as you've used dselect to update (so the available file gets
> updated), and possibly selected new packages in dselect, then you can
> indeed run dselect-upgrade by hand.

I don't generally do the update from inside dselect, and I still use
dselect-upgrade from outside of dselect, and I haven't had any problems.
What problems should I be expecting?

(I have a cron job which does `apt-get -q update' and then `apt-get -qdy
dselect-upgrade'.  I used to use upgrade instead of dselect-upgrade, but
I changed it so that if I do select something in dselect it will be
downloaded by the cron job.)

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@argon.org