Re: intent to package: netcomics

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 11:34:35AM -0500, cfm@maine.com wrote:
> This particular script came under fire on another list to which
> I'm subscribed (online-news@planetarynews.com) because it seems to
> promote copyright infringements, eg downloading dilbert to one's
> local system daily.  I'm not sure that reflects well on GPL; at
> least the description should be <um>clarified</um>.
I can see their point, but if they don't want people to view it, they shouldn't
be putting comics online ;) I noticed in the upstream distribution they have
certain comics in a 'disabled' directory - perhaps these are touchy comics.
I'm fairly sure that the authors of strips like Userfriendly or Sluggy
freelance wouldn't mind, but for now I guess I won't release a package of it.
There's also stuff I'd have to work out - cron jobs grabbing the strips, etc.

Thanks for the heads up.