Re: [Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>] Re: Debian & BSD concerns

Ditto.  Soon as you upload the packages, I'll try em.  I see it as being
pretty simple:  compile a BSD kernel capable of booting off ext2, enable
linux compatibility support by default, then just replace a few simultaneous
packages, such as init, procutils, pppd, etc.

Are there thoughts on whether we should do a "conflicts" between these
things, or use update-alternatives, and then provide a command to flip a
system over between being setup for one kernel or another?  I'd like
changing kernels to be as easy as a simple command that runs a whole whack
of update-alternatives, and a reboot.

Cheers!

SirDibos