Re: [RfS] Request for Submissions: Upcoming Debian Logo

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 12:38:39PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:

> Some more reasons why I like the bee logo:
>
> - It's a verbal pun. A 'D' with a 'bee' over it. "Dee bee (an)"
>   This really sticks in your head once you get it.
> - One bee seen in front of a bee hive naturally calls more bees to mind.
>   And like you said those bee's represent the developers.
> - The hexegons of the bee hive represent packages that are put together to
>   make something bigger.

Bees can be drawn in all kinds of ways, from friendly, happy worker
bees, to sleek, flying ready-to-sting things.  This lets people have
fun with it, and express it in different ways (kind of like the BSD
devil, which is way cooler than Tux, IMO).

--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus